How to prepare your presentation
• Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2007 or 2010* (*.ppt) or (*pptx), to guarantee that they will open successfully on an on-site PC
• We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS and the resolution should be 16:9 (screen aspect ratio)
• Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations, please check in advance (2 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility
Pictures / Videos
• JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
• Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
• In case you have any videos in your presentation - please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the MPEG-1 and AVI format should work with no difficulties
• In case of use of photographs, the author must have an approval from the patient(s). The information provided in a full responsibility of the author.
• Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
• Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma
• If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on "File", then "Save As"
- Check the "Tools" menu and select "Embed True Type Fonts"
How to save and submit your presentation
How to save your presentation
• Please save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
- CD-ROM (CD-R/RW), DVD-ROM (DVD±R/RW)
- USB flash disc
• Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder / location.
• In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the Congress, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
• Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
• DVD-RAM - will not be available.
How to submit your presentation at the Congress
• Please come to the Speakers´ Ready Room at least 2 hours before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for a morning session please come to the Speakers´ Ready Room one day before the day of your presentation.
• Speakers´ Ready Room location will be marked in the final programme brochure
Opening hours of the Speakers Ready Room
Monday, October 05, 2015 07:30-17:00
Tuesday, October 06, 2015 07:30-17:00
Wednesday, October 07, 2015 07:30-17:00
Thursday, October 08, 2015 07:30-17:00
Friday, October 09, 2015 07:30-12:00
* the times maybe subject to change closer to the date of the Congress
• During your lecture you wil be using a Remote Control for controlling your presentation
• Your own notebook is allowed to be used for the presentation only after discussion with a technican on-site. All presentations will be deleted from all the PCs used during the Congress
WE STRONGLY ASK ALL THE SPEAKERS TO KEEP THE TIME OF THEIR PRESENTATIONS
THE FINAL DEADLINE TO SEND YOUR PP PRESENTATION IS THE 21st OF SEPTEMBER 2015.